Augmenting Personal Healthcare with Evidence-Based Guidance
This specialization is oriented around the fundamental coaching competencies and skills recognized by professional credentialing organizations. Drawing from contemporary research and applied practices in coaching, lifestyle medicine, and mind-body approaches, students learn how to integrate evidence-based approaches to enhance health-related outcomes in people suffering from chronic illness. Educated and trained as a wellness practitioner and certified coach, graduates are prepared to pursue careers in private practice, health care settings, corporate and educational institutions.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students completing the PhD Degree in Mind-Body Medicine will be able to:
1. Evaluate methodologies and/or conduct independent research to investigate contemporary issues in lifestyle and wellness.
2. Explain the influence of biopsychosocial factors on general health and wellbeing and the implications for individuals, organizations, and/or communities.
3. Interpret the values, ethical principles, and practice standards that are paramount for multidisciplinary practitioners and researchers.
4. Assess and synthesize evidence, theories, and informed practices/interventions in integrative medicine.
5. Apply published research and critical thinking skills in academic papers, presentations, and/or communications.
6. Develop reflective practices and/or model adaptive skills in integrative healthcare and wellness.
7. Demonstrate multicultural competencies and diversity awareness, and support health equity and social justice in healthcare systems.